Saturday 8 January 2011

Busy busy Beadelicious bee

Can't believe our first show of 2011 is next Sunday - it seems to have snuck up on me in a flash.  We'll have all our bead stash at the Sincerely Yours Show at Hinckley Leisure Centre on the 16th January so it's all go in the workshop trying to put everything together and making sure we're fully stocked and raring to go. 

I've been trying to introduce some kits to offer too and this is a quick peek of our new beginner level Rose & Pearl kit that we'll have with us next week.


On a rather duller note I'm still battling with the accounts for my tax return due at the end of the month.  Aarrrggghhh every year I promise I'll not leave it to the last minute but every month the call of beads in the workshop just tempts me away from doing sensible sums, luckily the lovely Jacki, my very clever accountant friend has offered to bail me out for yet another year on the trot and help me with the actual return.  Thank you Jacster!!!

And finally on a personal note, Bluebell and Tallulah, our Beadelicious mascots are back in action after the cold, snowy spell and have laid me two lovely eggs this week for my breakfast.  Not sure if it's the warmer weather or my daily pampering with warm porridge, run outs in the warmer greenhouse away from the snow and hot water bottles in the coup that did it but thanks girls, brekkie was yummy!!!  Note to mum - fed them some of the left over veggie soup you gave me and they both left the lumps of swede too!!!!!

Quick pic of Bluebell and Tallulah, our Beadelicious lucky mascots:

4 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of the Sincerely Yours Show and I live in Hinckley!! I might pop along and see you there.

    Mick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mick, it's a predominantly Paper Crafts fair however there's been more beads there recently and is worth a visit out. We exhibited there for the first time last October as it's only down the road from us and there was so much interest in our beads - it was fantastic. Please pop by and say hi if you make it over

    Louisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Louisa, lovely to see you and Michelle at the fair last Sunday but wasn't that hall hot.... I felt a bit faint when I got outside so goodness knows how you both felt by the end of the day! My daughter loved the beads I purchased from you but hasn't had a chance to use them yet. I will be glad to get back into the routine of our Saturday workshops for some much needed inspiration! Love the new blog, see you soon,
    love
    Ellen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ellen
    It was great to see you too and yes it was a tad warm but we had a great day. Thanks so much for stopping by.

    Would love to see you at the Bead Soirees coming up - not sure if you're interested but I'm organising a polymer clay workshop to tag onto the end of the Bulkington Soiree in May. Have been wanting to make my own beads for ages so am really excited to get going.

    Take care and see you soon
    xxx

    ReplyDelete