We are very excited to have had our 'Proud as a Peacock' bracelet published in the Top 20 pages of this months Beads & Beyond magazine. The instructions on how to make it are on their website but as this bracelet has been so popular at our Bead Soirees here they are again.
What You'll Need:
1 x 30cm of 0.7mm stretch elastic
1 x wired heart pendant
4 x 8mm light jade pearls
8 x teal Chinese crystal beads
4 x 12mm jet AB fire polished beads
48 x jump rings
1 x stopper bead (contrasting colour to the main beads)
Please note this will create a small/medium bracelet. If you would like to make the bracelt larger you will require more beads.
What To Do:
1. Take your 30cm length of elastic and tie the stopper bead to one end to prevent any of your strung beads coming off.
2. Open one of your jump rings. To do this use your round nose and flat nose pliers to gently push one side of the jump ring away from you to open. Thread on the wired heart pendant and close the jump ring by using your pliers again to move the two ends back together. Set aside.
3. Next start to thread your beads onto the elastic in the following order; pearl, 3 jump rings, crystal, 3 jump rings, fire polished bead, 3 jump rings, crystal, 3 jump rings, pearl, 3 jump rings, crystal, 3 jump rings, fire polished bead, 3 jump rings, crystal, 3 jump rings, pearl etc. Add your jump ring with the wired heart on in between two of your other jump rings as your string your design on.
4. Carry on threading till you have strung all your beads and jump rings. You should end on 3 jump rings.
5. Cut off the stopper bead and tie an overhand knot 4 times in your elastic to secure and trim off any excess elastic with your cutters.